2012-09-14

Trade Show Season

This is an exciting time in Cameradom – so it makes sense that I would be excited along with it. There are all kinds of new toys being announced, including some very appealing cameras, and there's even the potential of a new lens or two that I would like. Yet I'm actually not all that enthused.


For this brief and glorious moment, there's nothing – no camera gear, at least – on my to-buy list. I wish that Nikon would redesign their 35/2, but the job they did on the 35/1.4 doesn't leave me desperate with anticipation. Carl Zeiss is teasing that they will release a new fast M-mount lens, but I have a hard time thinking that anything would beat the character of the 50/1.5 Sonnar or the perfection of the 35/2 Biogon. What I already have is perfect for me, and all's right with the world.

That won't last. It never does.

But for now I'm happy to take photos driven by passion and enthusiasm, to focus on art and expression. And yes, the gear is fun too, and I'm lucky that I can enjoy using it every day. Good times all around.


Comments, questions, thoughts? You can find me on Twitter or via e-mail.