2013-10-19

An Impending Revamp

I can tell that it's almost November, because I'm working on the fourth site design for matthewpiers.com. This blog has run for three years, which is pretty good for this domain, but it has become a challenge to keep it integrated with my photo host.

I have too many websites. I have an ongoing documentary project site that needs to be freestanding, as well as a review site that needs to be both independent and hosted through Blogger. That leaves this site, which I use for polished photos and general musing, and my nine-year-old photo blog that still gets regular updates of material that runs the quality gamut. Finally, there's my SmugMug account that provides the galleries that this blog links to as well as hosting the tens of thousands of photos that I've uploaded to it over the years.

My goal is to integrate my 'main' site, matthewpiers.com, with my SmugMug site. I would also like to integrate more of the rough-cut and work-in-progess material that currently lands on my photoblog, putting it into semi-retirement. I have been testing out SmugMug's abilities as a blogging platform, and although it's awkward it might just work.


Comments, questions, thoughts? You can find me on Twitter or via e-mail.