2012-02-20

Considering Favourites

I was recently asked to put together a portfolio of seven photographs for review. Setting aside the specificity of that number, and my musing about how they chose it, the part of the request that struck me is that the prints need to show a range of interests and approaches.

I've spent the past year working on cohesive series, which is sort of the opposite of that.

The ones that I've provisionally chosen – i still have a week to finalize my choices – span almost two years. Three of them were taken in New York, across two separate one-day visits, but I haven't pulled any images from my trips to Montreal, Chicago, or Ottawa.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll take a look at some of the photos that I pick. Many are already included in my personal favourites, but I've reworked several of them and am looking forward to seeing them as prints.


Comments, questions, thoughts? You can find me on Twitter or via e-mail.