2011-11-23

Rule of Third

It's November, so it must be time to redo my website.

Welcome to the third redesign of matthewpiers.com. I've done away with the gallery-style website that most photographers use, but then I've never been overly concerned with doing what other photographers like to do. It's time to branch out and bring a little more personality to the process.

So the Matthew Piers Photography website – I'd like to thank my mother for giving me an unusual middle name – is relaunching as a blog and expanding its scope. Photography is going to always be central to its content, as it's central to my life, but this will no longer be just a wordless repository for photos.

For convenience I plan on using a few categories to sort the different themes. "Articles" are the more technical or introspective essays that don't relate directly to an image. The "Commercial" tag is reserved for photos that I take for someone else, and the thoughts that go along with them. "Personal" is for my own work, whether it's a few random thoughts, a photo, or notes on a project; posts that include photos will also be tagged accordingly. Finally, "Prints" will tag any artwork that I have for sale. Very few images will make it through the filters to reach this stage, so I tend to be fond of it.

More to come.